Located on the shores of Mexico, Cancun is the perfect place for sun, sea and cocktails.
Although Cancun is steeped in history, dating all the way back to the Mayan civilisation, it wasn’t until the 1960s that its tourism industry really took off. Nowadays, Cancun is one of the most popular destinations for travellers seeking equal measures of relaxation and fun, with its beaches and cafes appealing to all.
Whilst Cancun may have been built for tourists it does not feel like a commercial destination. There are miles of pristine beaches, lined with beautiful coral reefs, as well as lush foliage which blankets the whole of Cancun. So, if partying the night away in one of the local nightclubs isn’t your thing then perhaps a tour of Cancun’s native flora and fauna will be.
Fans of water sports will also find plenty to keep them occupied. With clear blue waters lapping at white sandy beaches, a range of activities can be enjoyed in Cancun, including diving, kayaking and snorkelling.
- Cancun is fast becoming one of the world’s premier spa destinations. From pampering massages to invigorating body scrubs, you’ll leave feeling completely rejuvenated after your spa treatment.
- No journey to Cancun is complete without a visit to Chichen Itza, one of the wonders of the world. The large Mayan site is a once in a lifetime sight, and is best viewed up close.
- A range of water sports can be enjoyed in Cancun, including diving, snorkelling, surfing and kayaking. It doesn’t matter whether you are a pro or beginner!
- Cancun is home to some of the world’s greatest nightclubs, where you can dance the night away whilst sipping on an exotic cocktail.
- Cancun has a tropical climate, with little difference in temperature during the seasons.
- The currency in Cancun is the Mexican peso; however US dollars are also widely accepted.
- Multiple languages are spoken in Cancun, including Spanish and English.
- The average tip for service is 10-15%.
RESORTS AND HOTELS
Description Hyatt Zilara Cancun Beachfront daydreams await you at the Hyatt Zilara Cancun, a beautiful resort that hugs a pristine stretch of beach. This adults-only resort oozes decadence and tranquillity, providing the perfect landscape for a romantic getaway or honeymoon. A range of wonderful facilities separates the Hyatt Zilara Cancun from its competition, such as a spa, water sports and ...Read More
Description Hard Rock Hotel Cancun Expect to be treated like a rock star when you enjoy a stay at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun. From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave, staff will be on hand to make sure every aspect of your stay is perfect; some room categories even come with their own personal assistant, so ...Read More
Description Villa del Palmar Cancun Villa del Palmar Cancun is an unparalleled Mexican oasis delighting visitors of all ages seeking the ultimate in relaxation, luxury accommodations and gourmet cuisine. From the smallest to the wisest, there is something for everyone at this idyllic Caribbean resort where falling in love again comes as part of the package. Designed to reflect the ...Read More
Description Whether you’re a romantic couple or family travelling with kids, you’re bound to enjoy a stay at the Fiesta Americana Condesa resort. An endless wealth of facilities awaits you at this exciting resort, including oceanfront accommodation, a tranquil spa and kids club. Spend the day sunbathing by the beach with a cocktail in hand, before moving onto one of ...Read More
Description There is plenty to keep you occupied at the Crown Paradise Club Cancun, including sandy beaches, activities for adults and kids alike, a spa and non-motorized water sports. With all that and more, what’s not to love? No matter what you fancy doing whilst away, this Mexican resort will see you right. A team of warm and welcoming staff ...Read More