PUERTO RICO VACATIONS
Puerto Rico is understandably every traveller’s idea of an ideal Caribbean paradise, with its diverse landscape providing the perfect vacation for beach bums, water sports enthusiasts and adrenaline-seeking explorers.
Seeped in a rich and often troubling history, Puerto Rico is home to countless aging sugar plantations and fortress walls dilapidated by canon fire. No matter which direction you walk in you’re bound to encounter these historical landmarks, each one harbouring its own interesting and immersive story. Although Puerto Rico is rapidly expanding and embracing modernisation, there is always reminders of its past to be found, and will no doubt appeal to history buffs and casual onlookers alike.
Take to the beach, a treasure chest of golden beaches and glimmering coral reefs, which are begging to be explored. Whether you simply want to spend your days sunbathing or exploring an underwater paradise, Puerto Rico will be glad to accommodate your wishes. And with an endless plethora of luxurious beach hotels at your fingertips you won’t have to roam far before the sand is sinking between your toes!
- Fans of fishing will surely love a trip to Fajardo, where tropical game fish await, including tuna and sailfish.
- If you want to see a once in a lifetime sight, then pay a visit to the Canon de San Cristobal. The canyon appears seemingly out of nowhere and offers incredible vistas over Puerto Rico.
- Completed in 2010, the Toro Verde Nature Adventure Park is the perfect place for families to enjoy countless hours of fun.
- Wander through El Yunque National Forest, and marvel at the lush foliage that surrounds you. It’s an alternative way to explore Puerto Rico.
- Puerto Rico enjoys a tropical climate, and has an average temperature of 28 °C throughout the year.
- Spanish and English are the most commonly spoken languages in Puerto Rico.
- Puerto Rico is multi-religious, with the majority of people being Roman Catholic.
- Official currency in Puerto Rico is the US Dollar.
- The average flight time from Miami to Puerto Rico is 2½ hours.
RESORTS AND HOTELS
Description InterContinental San Juan The InterContinental San Juan was originally built in the late 1950s and was designed by Morris Lapidus, known as the grandfather of postmodernism architecture. The resort is located on Isla Verde, San Juan’s best beach and is a great setting for both business and pleasure. Old San Juan and the main financial and business districts are ...Read More
Description Howard Johnson Isla Verde Come and discover the Island of Enchantment! Transform your stay at the Howard Johnson Isla Verde into a unique, relaxing and unforgettable experience. Newly renovated yet affordable facilities provide a beautiful, comfortable, and stimulating setting for you to enjoy your vacation retreat, honeymoon, or business trip. From your room, you’re only steps away from enjoying ...Read More
Description Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar Humacao A True Caribbean Resort just steps from the beach and 45 miles from downtown San Juan. With oceanside horseback riding, a marina, and country club, you’ll find the little indulgences you deserve all right here. Swim some laps as your kids play in the separate children’s pool. Or make a sport out ...Read More
Description W Retreat and Spa, Vieques Island Surrender to your senses with W Retreat & Spa – Vieques Island, where the everyday recedes with each tranquil wave. Frolic in the exclusively secluded natural haven. Lose yourself in the charm of island life. Discover palm-lined white beaches and lush landscapes. In a sensational blend of modern architecture and natural aesthetics, succumb to ...Read More
Description St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort Puerto Rico The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico is located on the north-eastern corridor of the island of Puerto Rico, at the foot of the El Yunque National Rainforest. The resort is bordered by the 5,000 acre Espiritu Santo River State Preserve, and is a 30 minute drive from the 500 year ...Read More
Description Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino Superbly situated amidst the Puerto Rico Convention Center District facing the Bay of San Juan, the Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino will be a truly remarkable landmark in the district. The hotel is just 10 minutes from the international airport and five minutes from historic Old San Juan. A lavish 57,000-square foot outdoor sundeck is four ...Read More