DOMINICAN REPUBLIC VACATIONS
The Dominican Republic is one of the Caribbean’s most diverse landscapes, offering both blissful beaches and history-sodden colonial architecture. So, whether you’re a bohemian water sports enthusiast or culture buff, you’re bound to find the perfect holiday destination in the Dominican Republic.
Home to miles of scenic coastline, you can while away your time relaxing on the beach or embarking upon an underwater adventure. Whether you are a diving expert or beginner, there are plenty of opportunities to explore the beautiful coral reefs and meet the local sealife.
One of the main allures of the Dominican Republic is its jovial atmosphere. From the fisherman working along the shore to the cafes that blare meringue music, there is never a dull moment in this inspiring Caribbean destination.
Moving beyond the capital, the Dominican Republic is a distinctly rural environment, consisting of fertile fields and unforgettable vistas. These are best viewed on a day tour, where you can stop off along the way and see how the locals live.
- Between January-March, you may be able to go humpback whale spotting. There’s no other sight quite like viewing these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat.
- Sign up for some water sports, regardless of your skill level. From diving to kayaking and surfing, there’s no end to the fun you can have.
- The Dominican Republic is also renowned for its golfing opportunities. Picture putting whilst you gaze out at the exquisite sea views.
- Sail to the Gri Gri lagoons, a once in a lifetime sight, best viewed from aboard a luxury yacht.
- The Dominican Republic has a tropical climate, with the annual average temperature being 25 °C.
- Official currency in the Dominical Republic is the Dominican peso, although the US dollar, Canadian dollar and euros are accepted at most tourist sites.
- The official language of the Dominican Republic is Spanish.
- The main religion of the Dominican Republic is Roman Catholic.
RESORTS AND HOTELS
Description Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana Feel like a rock’n’roll star when you stay at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, a resort which is overflowing with cool vibes and luxurious facilities to boot. Boasting the biggest and best casino in the Caribbean, you’ll never suffer a dull moment as you test Lady Luck with a game of ...Read More
Description Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach At the Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach there is always something to see, play, eat or drink and it’s all included in your package. At this resort one may explore underwater reefs in turquoise waters, dance the merengue, dine al fresco and watch the brightly coloured fishing boats come and go. Located near the fishing village ...Read More
Description Tortuga Bay Find yourself in the jewel of the Caribbean. Tortuga Bay offers responsible luxury, impeccable service and villas designed by the world-renowned Oscar de la Renta. As a Tortuga Bay guest, the friendly, professional staff has every detail taken care of from the moment you touch down at the Punta Cana International Airport. After a brief ride through the lush and vibrant ...Read More
Description Sivory Punta Cana Looking for new sensations? At Sivory Punta Cana, a paradise of emotions is just waiting to be discovered. An oasis of exclusive pleasures where the daily grind, worries and stress is banished to the horizon. Looking for privacy? Sivory Punta Cana is a whole new concept in relaxation, a Boutique Hotel and a member of Small ...Read More
Description Occidental Grand Punta Cana From out of the vivid turquoise-blue hues of the Atlantic, a powdered sugar beach stretches the length of the Dominican Republic’s eastern shore. This seemingly endless path of stunning white sand is a fitting welcome mat to the all-inclusive Occidental Grand Punta Cana. This Spanish-style mega resort amazes guests with its impressive amenities: over 700 ...Read More
Description Occidental El Embajador Conveniently situated near Santo Domingo’s bustling commercial and business districts, the Occidental El Embajador offers luxury and style to each and every guest. With stunning views of the Dominican Republic’s capital city and the comforting calm of a lush residential neighborhood, the hotel features tastefully-appointed guest accommodations decorated in classic style. Business and leisure travelers alike ...Read More