Encircled by miles of pristine coast, Antigua lends itself to the ideal beach vacation, where you can while away hours reclining on powder-soft sands as the Caribbean Sea laps gently against the shore. Of course, if you’re more the adventurous type, then you’ll be pleased to know a wealth of exhilarating water sports can be enjoyed in Antigua, from diving to sailing.
Besides its collection of stunning beaches, one of the main reasons tourists flock to Antigua every year is to experience the feel-good vibe the island exudes. The Antiguan people are a carefree population, whose happiness you’re sure to find utterly infectious.
- Antigua is all about indulgence, and there’s nothing quite as indulgent as enjoying a refreshing sundowner as you watch the sun set over Shirley Heights.
- Learn about Antigua’s interesting history at the immersive Nelson’s Dockyard. The island’s past is sure to interest you, and make you appreciate the Antigua of today.
- With 365 beaches to choose from – that’s one for every day of the year – there is no shortage of places for you to enjoy a good session of sunbathing!
- Various dialects are spoken in Antigua, and English is widely spoken.
- Official currency in Antigua is the Eastern Caribbean dollar. However, US dollars are widely accepted.
- Antigua is coolest between December-April and hottest between May-July.
- VC Bird International (ANU) is the main airport in Antigua.
RESORTS AND HOTELS
Description Verandah Resort & Spa The Verandah Resort & Spa is situated on 30 spectacular waterfront acres, hidden away on the untouched north-east coast of Antigua. It lies adjacent to a designated National Park and incorporates a powdered soft white sand beach and crystal clear bay perfect for swimming. The Verandah Resort & Spa caters to all ages. The Verandah ...Read More
Description The Inn at English Harbour Hugging an immaculate stretch of beach, The Inn at English Harbour is an elegant resort and blends Colonial-style architecture with luxurious and contemporary comfort. This Antiguan gem guarantees guests a world of beachside bliss, catering to every appetite imaginable. From water sports activities to a dedicated spa, there is no shortage of exciting things ...Read More
Description The Cove Suites at Blue Waters Considered some of the finest luxury accommodation in the Caribbean, the Cove Suites at Blue Waters are a true haven of decadence for you to unwind in. The Cove Suites are the pride and joy of Blue Waters Resort & Spa, providing guests with endless hours of relaxation. Boasting uninterrupted views of the ...Read More
Description Sugar Ridge, Antigua If you’re a fan of peace and solitude then Sugar Ridge is bound to appeal to you. Situated amidst Antigua’s lush foliage, the resort resides on the west coast of the island and is fringed by sugar cane. You will find many of the island’s famous sites nearby, such as Nelson’s Dockyard, which is only a ...Read More
Description St. James’s Club, Antigua Tucked away on a secluded 100-acre peninsula on the south eastern coast on Antigua, the St. James’s Club Resort exudes a casual, club-like ambience. This exclusive hideaway caters to couples, families and singles with plenty of amenities and activities. The resort has a longstanding reputation for exceptional, caring service. Here, guests can retreat from the ...Read More
Description Galley Bay, Antigua This adults-only resort is the perfection destination if you value the finer things in life. Hugging the glimmering beach, guests can decompress on the sandy shore or even enjoy the range of water sports activities offered, including diving and snorkelling. Galley Bay Anitgua oozes romance, owed to its three open-air restaurants, verdant surroundings and luxurious accommodation, ...Read More