Consisting of 7000 picturesque islands, each boasting its own unique charm, the Caribbean is home to endless opportunities for you to experience the perfect getaway, whether you are an adrenaline junkie or beach babe. From relaxing Aruba to the exciting Dominican Republic, there are plenty of environments to throw yourself into and experience the laidback and social Caribbean atmosphere.
- Sample the variety of water sports on offer in the Caribbean. From surfing in Barbados to diving in Turks & Caicos, there is no end to the aquatic fun you can have!
- Caribbean cuisine is simply mouth-watering and irresistible. Jamaica in particular is renowned for its jerk dishes, always fresh and fragrant – delicious!
- Although the weather may vary from island to island, the Caribbean’s climate is tropical, with variation in rainfall.
- Languages spoken in the Caribbean include English, Spanish, Dutch and Creole.
- The Caribbean is multi-religious.
- You will need to check the currency of the island you are visiting before travelling.