From its countless scenic beaches to the electric atmosphere occupying every one of its streets, Mexico is a thriving landscape ripe for exploration. Whether you are the type of traveller who values relaxation or adventure above all else, Mexico guarantees the perfect vacation.
Over the years Mexico has become the number one destination for travellers hungry for new experiences. Go snorkelling along colourful coral reefs, sample authentic Mexican cuisine or go hiking in the surrounding jungle foliage: however you decide to spend your time in Mexico, do it in the assurance that your time in this fascinating country will surely change your outlook in life.
But by far one of the greatest attractions of visiting Mexico is mingling with its inhabitants. The Mexican people are a diverse population, ranging from easy-going beach bums to youthful hipsters, but are united in their carefree spirit that you are bound to find infectious. The Mexicans definitely know how to party as well, with various festivals and fiestas taking place throughout the year, including the world-famous Cinco de Mayo.
So jump head first into this thriving country, and see for yourself all that Mexico has to offer.
- No visit to Mexico is complete without visiting Chichen Itza. One of the wonders of the world, this monument was constructed by the ancient Mayans, and is an architectural feat that is worth seeing up close.
- Spend a day in Acapulco, Mexico’s original tourist town. Enjoying beautiful ocean views, Acapulco is the perfect place to while away the hours drinking in the delicious Mexican sun.
- Explore the underground phenomenon of Rio Secreto, a natural river adorned with stunning stalactites and stalagmites; it’s another keen example of Mexico’s astonishing landscape.
- Visit the beautiful Xcaret Ecological Park, where you’re liable to engage in various activities, from snorkelling to hiking, all whilst in the company of countless examples of Mexican wildlife.
- The official currency in Mexico is the Mexican peso.
- Although Spanish is the official language in Mexico, English is widely spoken in touristy areas.
- Mexico’s rainy season usually occurs between May-October, with December-February considered the coolest months.
- You may require a Mexican visa when you travel.
- International airports Benito Juaex Airport (MEX) is 13km from Mexico City, and Cancun Cairport (CUN) is 14km from the city.